Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It is only 22 days and 17 school days until Christmas break. I feel like I could fly. I am not even kidding... but then there are some things getting in the way of my flight. Here they are in no certain order:

1) Too much pie. Thanksgiving is a time for giving thanks and for eating a lot of pie (give thanks for the pie). If I eat any more pie, it is likley that I will not be getting off the ground any time soon.

2) Arizona has turned cold. I moved here for the warm weather. One of my favorite past times over the last 4 months has been talking about how its summer all year round here and says "oh, that sucks" when my friends say how cold it is where they are. I have been smug and have laughed at people who felt cold. But this morning, as I bundled up (some might say like a little match stick girl) for work, I was horrified to see it was 38 degrees and some parts of Phoenix were getting frost! Since I have gone soft by moving to Arizona, I proceeded to wear my puffy vest all day with a mismatched turtle neck and the first scarf I could find. Also mismatched. I think kids were laughing at my attire. If I get any colder, I will be too frozen to fly.

3) Never getting out of bed. Now, this is said after I talk about going to work in the morning. Every day I HAVE to get out of bed because I am a grown up so I need to suck it up. If I didn't... who would teach the math? But this morning, I hid for a good 20 minutes thinking of ways to get out of leaving my bed and the tent of covers I had created. Unless you strap my mattress to my back, I am not flying anywhere.

But I don't have to fly anywhere. My holiday flying was finished two days ago as I pulled into the Sky Harbor International Airport at 12:15 a.m. on a school night! After a long day/night of delayed flights I was home. For Christmas, I am Arizona girl with a few close friends coming cross country to surround me with some Christmas cheer at this most wonderful time of the year. So, I guess I don't need to fly. I'll leave the flying to them. And thats fine with me (when you fly, your lips get all dried out and "My lips hurt real bad").

1 Comments:

Blogger SN said...

hooray, she writes! I know why you're happy about Christmas...hint, hint, wink, wink ;)

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home