Wednesday, March 30, 2005

A Birthday Passes

I am the Queen of Birthdays. At least the queen of my own birthday. But this year was a little different type of royalty. I used to think the world lived for my birthday. Surely, the whole world was waiting for my fifth birthday when I dressed up as a Japanese geisha, or my eighth birthday when I had a teddy bear party with all my bears and their friends, or my twenty third birthday where certainly the whole world waited with baited breath for me to arrive on a small Honduran island, or my twenty fifth birthday (shared by one lovely Eleanor Helms), where I was a rock star diva for a night. Birthdays have changed on the other side of 25 and its been nice.

For this my twenty seventh birthday, I got so many nice little surprises I had to document it:

Surprise 1: Liz made me a cake. It was crooked and only half way iced, but it was delicious and lovely nonetheless.

Surprise 2: Carmen put tall candles on the aforementioed cake and held off on it until I was done with my now almost two weeks late project (nothing like a little understanding on your day of birth). Then she gave me a lovely and thoughtful present even though before I had unwittingly ruined her present by buying the exact same pair of earrings for myself.

Surprise 3: Sara and Brett made me a SCAVENGER HUNT and kept it a secret! There were clues and everything!!!!!!!! I couldn't even believe it. I also had some trouble with some of the clues, but whatever. I figured it out nonetheless. There was a new CD and a bar of home made soap (not a hint, I hope) and strawberry shortcake and beer. What more could a girl ask for?

Surprise 4: This was not really a surprise becuase I planned it, but it was nice anyways. Me, Carmen, Gwladys, Matt, Mo, Daniel, and Jessica all went out for fancy martinis. Twas the bomb to be loved enough that people would want to spend a precious free evening with me!

So, here's to a new year and to my lovely friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home