Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Holes

I do not know how to spell holey as in holes, empty spaces in things. Today I traveled in what I believe was the SECOND holey plane in one week. There were empty spaces in it.

The day was beautiful: I had coffee at an old haunt, I got my hair cut (love a new do), I rode THE RAPID and made a friend (for the time I was riding rapidly on THE RAPID... which is a bus), and then I hopped in a taxi destined for the Grand Rapids International Airport... all 10 gates of it! Oh the adventure!

I thought I was going to get bumped, but to no avail. Free tickets and I were not meant to be friends. And so I boarded, ready to begin my safe and warm footed journey home. Again I was wrong! I would not have warm feet on this journey. I THINK THERE WAS A HOLE BY MY FOOT. How could only my foot be freezing and nothing else? I was sitting on the emergency exit isle; they had trusted me with the lives of all of these other 49 people! And I was privy to the secret information about the hole in the plane. What would I do?!?! Nothing except freeze my foot and try and keep it safe and away from the door... surely my heavy doc martens would swing the already faulty door open and I would plummet to my doom, followed by the other 49 people on the plane, as the air sucked us out and away. It didnt happen but I think it is only because I was perched on my feet, protecting us from imminent death.

Plane #2 was no better and it was not on time either. It was very late and I was very cranky and very hungry. When the plane finally arrived, I went to board. They were not calling the Zones as usual, but who really gives a care. Apparently the lady behind me who was pretending to be 900 years old cares. She stood behind me in line talking in the frail voice. She was like 45, maybe even younger... maybe she was 16... and she kept whimpering LITERALLY WHIMPERING. "why aren't they calling the zones? whats wrong?" I said very plainly that they were probably just trying to board us faster. then there was a sound, maybe an alarm maybe a cell phone, and she jumped and shreiked like my grandma times 3 million (I love my grandma, this is more for the effect). I ignored her. She kept whimpering all through the line. I kept thinking to myself "I will not look at her. She just wants me to look at her." I was asked to step to the side so they could fix my seat assignment. "What is wrong? What is wrong with the plane?" she whimpered. I should have told her there was a hole in it.

When I finally arrived in Virginia they ahd lost my bags and some time soon they will deliver them to me. My roommate Gwladys thinks they don't do that in France (she is from France). I am glad they do it here.

1 Comments:

Blogger SN said...

glad you arrived safe and sound. if it wasn't for you, 49 people could have been dead. you deserve a medal, really you do. saw your picture...cute cut chica!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home